|Location||Redwood City, CA|
|Date Posted||August 2, 2020|
Yummy has an opportunity for a Head of Machine Learning to lead a team of highly talented data scientists who define and build innovative data-powered products that personalize and scale high-quality experiences for millions of home cooks.
Data science/ML has been and will continue to be at the core of Company. Our ML applications include: computer vision, smart assistants, content ingestion, natural language processing, search and discovery systems, recommender systems, and more.
We are looking for a strong applied scientist with the ability to lead. You must have a solid foundation in ML and deep learning (PhD preferred), a broad range of interests, a focus on building systems that work. Mentoring and growing talent, as well as hiring, will be a critical part of the job. You will be able to develop a wide range of skills within a short time. You must be outstanding at both learning and teaching.
You should have experience shipping ML-powered products. You should be able to work constructively with engineers, PMs, and others, to apply ML and related approaches to solving problems. You should also be able to ask questions and identify problems we didn’t know we could solve for our customers using these techniques. We have executed extensive and challenging original research initiatives in this space and will be doing more of them - we see ML as a key strategic advantage.
The ML team has a firmly established leading place in our company culture. We are looking for someone to continue carrying that banner and helping Company be the most technically innovative, intelligent company in our domain.
As the Head of ML, you will:
- Lead, manage, and grow our small but powerful team of scientists, building the most advanced ML-powered software in the kitchen
- Develop algorithms for natural language processing, search, personalization, computer vision, and understanding user behavior
- 5+ years of experience building and shipping data-powered products
- Expertise in machine learning, including deep learning
- Expertise in natural language processing, computer vision, recommender systems, or a related area
- Expertise in a high-level programming language, preferably Python, Scala, or Clojure
- A collaborative attitude with excellent communication and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s or PhD preferred
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Experience with a deep learning framework, preferably TensorFlow, or Caffe, Torch
- A love of food and cooking