|Date Posted||June 30, 2020|
The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) seeks a Machine Learning Research Engineer primarily focused on cognitive signal processing, to work in our Arlington, VA office. The candidate will research & develop new, state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms and implement them across the RF domain (e.g., communications, radar, electronic warfare, spectrum sensing, and signals intelligence [SIGINT]), in both modelling and simulation environments and real time software embed systems. The candidate will also contribute to technology developments in signal processing, optimization, detection & estimation, deep learning, and adaptive decision and control. Requires basic knowledge of and ability to apply machine learning and radar/signal processing principles, theories, and concepts in support of direct programs, IR&D, and marketing efforts.
• Designs and develops methods, algorithms, and systems that apply machine learning technologies to support advanced signal processing concepts.
• Works within and leads cross-discipline engineering teams developing, integrating, testing and fielding Cognitive Electronic Warfare systems.
• Supports business capture activities and proposals, by providing technical contributions in the areas of machine learning, advanced signal processing, radar, and electronic warfare.
• Strong experience with mathematical model tools and languages; such as MATLAB, Python, etc.
• Experience in being part of a multi-disciplinary project team in research or development.
• Must be eligible to obtain an US Secret clearance, an active clearance is strongly preferred.
• Bachelor's degree and relevant demonstrated technical research experience.
• Candidates must possess an active DoD Secret clearance to start.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Applied Math, Computer Science / Machine Learning, or similar field.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.