|Location||Johns Creek, GA|
|Date Posted||August 2, 2020|
Macy's is looking for a passionate, talented, and innovative Machine Learning Engineer with a strong machine learning background to help build industry-leading AI/ML enabled applications for retail/commerce platform. As ML Engineer you can be part of the team shaping the future of retail/commerce, revolutionize how millions of customer shop online, store and other channels, you'll partner with technology and business teams to build new AI/ML enabled smart services that surprise and delight our customers. You will be working with big data (text, images, audio & other) to solve real-world problems for customers & partners. You'll design and run experiments, research new AI/ML algorithms & techniques, and find new ways of optimizing risk, opportunities, profitability, and customer experience. As a Lead ML Engineer your work involves performing applied ML in the areas of feature engineering, natural language processing, deep learning, machine learning, data insights and analytics. Successful candidate will work on heterogeneous data sets (behavioral, transaction and click stream data) and focuses on solving applied problems using Machine Learning. The ideal candidate will have a nice blend of applied math, data science and engineering skills, proven track record of solving critical business problems through data science and strong analytical/quantitative and engineering skills. The candidate will be expected to be strong at communication and capable of cross group collaborations. As an ML engineer, you will work on smart services that improve our operations and customer experience. You will marry state-of-art AI/ML algorithms with distributed systems engineering to build systems that drive efficiencies & improve customer engagement in our retail/commerce platform. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Lead and work with ML engineers and data scientists to build smart commerce services & ML applications
- Assess how a given problem can be addressed using advanced data analytics and/or various ML techniques
- Identify what kind of data in which format should be collected in order to solve the problem
- Identify which advanced data analytics or machine learning technique, such as reinforced learning, deep learning or traditional ML, is more suitable for the problem
- Clean & structure the data and build training & validate data sets by applying advance feature-engineering techniques
- Training models and showing that they can perform better than the baseline
Implement from early exploration to production
- Set up development and test environments for advanced analytics and machine learning projects
- Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- BA/BS Degree required (MS or PhD preferred).
- 5+ years of industry experience in Machine Learning or related field.
- Extensive programming experience in Python and Java.
- Strong preference for programming experience in Spark framework and PySpark.
- Strong preference for hands-on experience with TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, PredictionIO, Spark MLlib, MXNet, Caffe, H2O or other ML Libraries.
Basic knowledge on RESTful APIs.
- Familiar with various machine learning techniques and libraries.
- A plus to have working knowledge of Big Data (Hadoop, Cassandra, Spark, Kafka, YARN), real-time and batch processing.
- Able to effectively lead and communicate across teams and roles.
- Proven ability as a problem-solver.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Results oriented and has a high degree of accountability, commitment and responsibility.
- Able to work in a dynamic environment with changing requirements.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.