|Date Posted||February 7, 2020|
· This person will play a key role in ensuring an efficient, continuous supply of products while minimizing excess inventory expense by developing data-driven analytics solutions for a range of stakeholders across the organization. This is a unique opportunity to combine Data Science and Data Engineering skills to solve forecast and anomalies detection problems, among others, this person will be responsible for continually monitoring analytical processes in production for performance, accuracy and relevance in order to tune models as needed. The forecasting models will leverage all key datasets within our enterprise data warehouse (EDW), along with any and all external data sources deemed valuable to improve predictive accuracy.
· Establish analytical frameworks to drive stakeholder consensus
· Regularly engage with business teams to understand their needs, implement prototypes as well as produce Machine Learning models.
· Implement the necessary analytics project management frameworks to gain consensus with key business stakeholders on advanced analytics initiatives.
· Develop business requirements documents (BRD) and process flows for advanced analytics projects, outlining data requirements, model logic, and necessary business logic to ensure successful project delivery.
· Collaborate with other data scientists, business analysts and EDW team members to optimize key components of machine learning processes, including data preparation, data ingestion, data transformation, model testing, and writing of outputs to database systems.
· Working with the EDW team, monitor processing time for forecasting systems to improve efficiencies by leveraging emerging cloud technologies.
· Apply software engineering best practices to ensure production models are built with fault-tolerance, proper error-handling and logging, and optimized performance in a production environment.
· Work with EDW team to source and centrally store key external data sets across our rich data repositories.
· Continually assess, validate, and refine predictive models
· Take full ownership and accountability for forecasting output and override automated forecasts with business logic, when necessary.
· Establish relevant error measurement metrics through collaboration with business partners, and closely monitor results to address model degradation.
· Design and develop dashboards and other visualizations to report analytical insights and model performance to stakeholders.
· Assist in the collection and maintenance of key promotional attributes and product hierarchies in our operational system (Supply.Net)
· Promotions database (menu item & item alignment, promotion dates, media dates, coupon offers & dates, and promotional price points)
· Product hierarchies for menu item, item, and other related product hierarchies used for forecasting