|Date Posted||June 22, 2020|
Sunrun is the nation’s leading home solar, battery storage, and energy services company. Our mission is to confront our planet’s biggest challenge, climate change, by creating a planet run by the sun. This mission requires passion, determination and a diverse growing army of talented professionals. Explore joining our mission by connecting with Sunrun's Talent Network or submitting an application to this job today.
- Lead a research team and foster innovation, with cutting edge data science, machine learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Research, develop statistical learning models for data analysis to help Sunrun achieve strategic goals
- Determining, analyzing and maintaining metrics to identify cause-effect relationships between actions and behavioral and attitudinal outcomes
- Assessing the validity and rigor of new data sources and their use in quantitative research
- Dive deep on the data engineering landscape to own and deliver the end-to-end strategy. Establish crisp, compelling messaging, and scale it through campaigns and programs
- Partner with a diverse set of stakeholders across the organization to solicit ideas, influence strategy and generate buy-in to proposed actions, while maintaining an objective position
- Push the boundaries of AI and analytics as applied to business outcomes
- Evaluate and recommend research investments, potential and strategy for realizing the full value of data science
- Participate in impactful customer engagements, with a full understanding of Sunrun customer value and data science capabilities
- Work with engineering managers, product managers and architects to deliver data science capabilities to multiple customers
- Share data science knowledge and expertise across functional departments within the company
- Expert level Extract Transform Load (ETL) experience using Python, Spark, Hadoop,Apache Beam, or similar technologies
- SQL & NoSQL analytical expertise, data modeling, and relational database experience
- Programming experience (Java, Scala preferred)
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts, methodologies, and frameworks
- Experience with Google cloud computing - dataproc, dataflow, big query, cloud sql, big table
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with Machine Learning methods and libraries
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a business-focused audience.
- Familiarity with applied machine learning and data mining techniques to gain unexpected insights and applying sophisticated data modeling techniques to identify underlying trends and patterns (supervised/unsupervised classification, time series, probabilistic models)
- Expert user of statistical analysis tools (e.g. MatLab, R, JMP, Python, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree plus 5 years of experience in data analytics, or Master's Degree plus 3 years in data analytics, or PhD
- At least 1 year of experience in open source programming languages for large scale data analysis and Machine Learning
Preferred and Desired Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in “STEM” field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) plus 3 years of experience in data analytics, or PhD in “STEM” field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics)
- At least 3 years experience in SQL, Python, Scala, or R
- At least 3 years experience with machine learning
- Experience working with Cloud solutions , preferably with GCP - Data flow , Data proc , NoSQL data sources (e.g. Hadoop, Dynamo, MongoDB, etc.)
- Excellent data visualization skills and ability to create interactive visualizations
Solar Careers For All
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That’s why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women’s Network, Sunrun’s Veterans Network (“Liberty”), Women in Tech, and Sunrun’s LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.