|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Date Posted||February 8, 2020|
Software Engineer, Machine Learning Platform (no third parties please on this project)
Location: San Francisco (SoMa)
- Design and develop real-time distributed systems to deliver personalized content across the PlayStation network
- End to end ownership of the development process; from working with product requirements to deployment to Production
- Identify performance bottlenecks and build solutions for them
- Build highly available and performant systems
- Design, implement, ship and maintain highly visible consumer-facing features
- Tackle scalability issues with innovative technologies
- Experience developing high scale, distributed systems
- Proficiency in Scala (Akka is a big plus)
- Expertise in Python or ability to learn on the job
- Ability to troubleshoot issues
- Experience building and developing Cloud-based applications or services, preferably in AWS
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band requests
- Ability to conduct technical deep dives into the code, cloud networking, deployments, and architecture, and work closely with product
- Experience with Spark is a big plus
- Knowledge in Kubeflow is desired but not required
First 90 days:
In 30 days, you will have developed a basic understanding of the Machine Learning Platform tech stack and infrastructure. You will have contributed to features in the codebases and worked closely with the team to get up to speed with team processes. We will focus on making sure you have all the tools to succeed.
In 60 days, you will have a good grasp of different parts of the platform and are able to propose changes to improve it. You will work with your team to come up with designs, and started developing.
In 90 days, you will know the Machine Learning Platform in detail and are comfortable tackling large features and delivering them in a timely manner. You would have worked closely with product and got a deep understanding of the roadmap and began design and development of large end to end solutions.