|Location||San Mateo, CA|
|Date Posted||July 11, 2020|
Glow Networks is seeking a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to lead complex ML and big data projects as part of our customer's new Data Center and Networking AI Team in San Mateo, CA. You will have the opportunity to solve some of the hardest and most interesting technological challenges facing the industry today.
You will be joining a new team of world-class high-performing and low ego engineers and scientists that have an entrepreneurial and hacker spirit. The team will operate in a very self-driven, agile and fast-paced environment. The team operates by self-organizing, around shared values, vision and objectives.
- 5-7 years of experience as a software engineer building and shipping production quality code in C/C++, Java, Python, or similar language
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working on big data problems (in terabytes) using technologies like Cassandra, Hadoop, and Spark
- Experience working on data modeling, data pipelines, and building warehouses projects
- Experience deploying machine learning models to production is a MUST
- Experience designing and developing infrastructure for the full cycle of machine learning
- Experience building container-based applications running in a microservice architecture on Kubernetes or serverless
- Comfortable researching and reading research papers and implementing models
- Comfortable experimenting with and incorporating cutting-edge techniques into our existing system, such as online learning, transfer learning, and few-shot learning
- Deep understanding of model training, what affects performance (hyperparameters, data distribution, etc)
- Ability to write an end-to-end pipeline code that is modular, scalable, and easy for future team members to build upon
- Master's Degree in computer science or engineering, desired
- Experience working on time interval problems
- Experience with data analysis and visualization
- Extract meaningful insights from the data and present to leadership
What would really impress us?
Any side projects or hobbies that have to do with AIML.