|Date Posted||February 1, 2020|
SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
This position will be based at 50 Milk Street, Boston, MA 02109.
Overview and Scope
The Machine Learning role will require strong experience in hands-on development and delivery of distributed, multi-tiered, enterprise-level systems. We are seeking a senior level development resource with experience in architecture, design, performance and scalability in an enterprise environment.
This position will work as part of a larger development team focused on driving innovation across the whole SS&C Institutional & Investment Management product. The Engineer will write top notch code in multi-tiered multi-thread and containerized environment, attend sprint meetings with team members to define and analyze development requirements and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
- Code software changes based on design specifications. Proactively resolve issues in specification that will lead to quality, system performance, or architectural issues in product.
- Perform thorough unit testing on all relevant platforms as is appropriate for the particular task/project.
- Regularly inform manager on progress of project, identifying risks early in the process.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Designers to ensure understanding of business requirements.
- Demonstrate self-directed and proactive approach to tackling problems and leveraging resources.
- 3+ years of experience with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence technologies – TensorFlow, Elastic (ELK), DeepLearn, Accord.
- Strong understanding of Machine Learning design- Supervised and Unsupervised learning patterns, Neural Networks, Pattern Recognition, Prediction, Anomaly, Scoring.
- 4+ years with SQL and NOSQL database technologies – SQL Server, MongoDB, PostgreSQL with ETL, SSIS
- Expert level experience with Python or related scripting language(s).
- Comprehensive knowledge and implementation of SaaS architecture with scalability and high-performance data processing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience with design and implementation best practices for data modeling.
- Four-year college degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.